The 4th(!) Annual
Palisade Gran Fondo
June 2, 2018
Follow the links to your right for more details and check back often for updates!
Gran Fondo loosely translated means ‘big’ or ‘great ride’. The Palisade Gran Fondo is a fully supported, road cycling event on rolling terrain through picturesque orchards and vineyards of Western Colorado. Climb up onto the rugged Reeder and Purdy Mesas on back roads past farms and ranches. Attack the course for a podium spot or relax and enjoy the epic scenery–the choice is yours!
This event offers you a choice of two classic Western Colorado road rides–the 72 mile chip timed Palisade Gran Fondo or the untimed 40 mile Palisade Piccolo Fondo. Course details, maps and ride descriptions available here. Ride Day details here.
- Riders can expect well stocked aid stations featuring Honey Stinger products and Hammer Heed hydration drink along with water, PB&Js and fruit
- On-course roving support will assure you are able to complete your ride safely
- Following the ride you will receive your time, then celebrate with local food, beer from Palisade Brewing Company and wine from Avant Vineyards
- Pactimo is our official clothing sponsor with awesome schwag for all riders, winners gifts for our fastest finishers and beautiful jerseys and jackets for purchase
- Start and finish at Peachbowl Park in Palisade, Colorado
Originating in Italy, these one day events are characterized by a rolling mass start with all participants enjoying the epic nature of a long day on their road bikes. The Palisade Gran Fondo is presented by Sean Brumelle State Farm. The Palisade Gran Fondo course was designed for your safety and riding pleasure by seasoned cyclists at Palisade velo
Contact us at Palisadevelo@gmail.com