The 3rd Annual
Palisade Gran Fondo
June 3, 2017
PACKET PICK-UP: Friday June 2nd 5-8PM at Red Fox Cellars in Palisade. You must pick up your OWN packet and sign waivers. (packets will again be available starting at 6:00AM at the start/ finish- until 20 minutes before your start time).
LATE REGISTRATION: Available at packet pick-up. CASH/CHECK only. $10 late fee
Gran Fondo loosely translated means ‘big’ or ‘great ride’. The Palisade Gran Fondo is a fully supported, road cycling event on rolling terrain through picturesque orchards and vineyards of Western Colorado. Climb up onto the rugged Reeder and Purdy Mesas on back roads past farms and ranches. Attack the course for a podium spot or relax and enjoy the epic scenery–the choice is yours!
This event offers you a choice of two classic Western Colorado road rides–the 72 mile chip timed Palisade Gran Fondo or the untimed 40 mile Palisade Piccolo Fondo. Course details, maps and ride descriptions available here. Ride Day details here.
- Riders can expect well stocked aid stations featuring Honey Stinger products and Hammer Heed hydration drink
- On-course roving mechanical support will assure you are able to complete your ride.
- Following the ride you will receive your time, then celebrate with local food, beer from Palisade Brewing Company and Plum Creek Winery wines
- Pactimo is our official clothing sponsor with awesome schwag for all riders, winners jerseys for podium finishers and beautiful custom jerseys and jackets for purchase
- Start and finish at Peachbowl Park in Palisade, Colorado
Originating in Italy, these one day events are characterized by a rolling mass start with all participants enjoying the epic nature of a long day on their road bikes. The Palisade Gran Fondo course was designed for your safety and riding pleasure by seasoned cyclists at Palisade velo.
Contact us at Palisadevelo@gmail.com